Internet Banking in China
I'm locked out of my own darnded bank account. For 7 weeks, now, I have been living off of either the cash that I brought from the states, or the money that I shamelessly had to borrow(from either the boyfriend, or the visiting parents). Finally, as of June 20th, I received my first Chinese paycheck, deposited directly into an ICBC bank account which they kindly opened for me. That brings the total to 2 ICBC bank accounts, and access to almost 0 funds. How can that be, you ask?
First, I'm in the states, which renders my Chinese ATM card useless. Second, 7 weeks ago, when I opened my first bank account, I also signed up for online banking (which resulted in the gift of the aforementioned unfortunate plant). They gave me a USB key for authentication, and had me enter a ridiculous number of passwords. Now, 7 weeks later, I can't remember which passwords go to what, and the crazy websites are all in Chinese! argh. Although I can "technically" read Chinese, it's painfully slow and usually involves a lot of banking terms that I don't even know in English, much less in Chinese. *sigh*
I have 3 chances per 24 hours to test my passwords... It's day 3, and still no luck. Thankfully, I have 8 more days until rent is due in my landlady's account. *crossing fingers*
First, I'm in the states, which renders my Chinese ATM card useless. Second, 7 weeks ago, when I opened my first bank account, I also signed up for online banking (which resulted in the gift of the aforementioned unfortunate plant). They gave me a USB key for authentication, and had me enter a ridiculous number of passwords. Now, 7 weeks later, I can't remember which passwords go to what, and the crazy websites are all in Chinese! argh. Although I can "technically" read Chinese, it's painfully slow and usually involves a lot of banking terms that I don't even know in English, much less in Chinese. *sigh*
I have 3 chances per 24 hours to test my passwords... It's day 3, and still no luck. Thankfully, I have 8 more days until rent is due in my landlady's account. *crossing fingers*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home