Potential posting problems
Hi hi. This and my previous posting were both done from the comforts of my hotel room in Taipei, Taiwan... I've just been informed that I might have some issues with posting, once I get back to Shanghai. I guess if google can't host their complete site and search service, then that should go for my blog as well... *shrug*
Anywho. I'll let y'all know how I work around that slight technical glitch.
...now where was I? Just finished the health check. Ah, yes. That was the day that I had to get enough cash to cover for my security deposit (1 month rent), and first 2 months' rent. Apparently personal checks don't exist... And as for the banking experience, haha. The one consolation was that they called numbers for service, instead of waiting in a physical line... My number showed that I had 36 people in front of me. 2 hours later, I walked outta there with a large wad of cash. With an almost entirely cash based society, it's gotta make you wonder if the rate of crime goes up around the 1st of each month...
i'll tell you guys more about the apt when I get back, and post some pictures up, too. One random thought about china, though... who woulda thunk that shopping in Hong Kong would be cheaper than China?! I live all too conveniently close to 7 shopping malls, all within 10 minutes walking distance...ugh. Amazingly, there is very little in those shopping malls that I could justify buying! Nevermind that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing 90% of the stuff, but that's not the point... Sure, casual knock-off brand stuff can be bought for super super cheap at the tourist markets, but the quality of those clothes is pretty bad... As a result, my weekend trip to Hong Kong became incredibly damaging as I sought to replenish my summer wardrobe, which was so brilliantly packed away into my moving shipment, due to arrive in mid-late June...
Anywho. I'll let y'all know how I work around that slight technical glitch.
...now where was I? Just finished the health check. Ah, yes. That was the day that I had to get enough cash to cover for my security deposit (1 month rent), and first 2 months' rent. Apparently personal checks don't exist... And as for the banking experience, haha. The one consolation was that they called numbers for service, instead of waiting in a physical line... My number showed that I had 36 people in front of me. 2 hours later, I walked outta there with a large wad of cash. With an almost entirely cash based society, it's gotta make you wonder if the rate of crime goes up around the 1st of each month...
i'll tell you guys more about the apt when I get back, and post some pictures up, too. One random thought about china, though... who woulda thunk that shopping in Hong Kong would be cheaper than China?! I live all too conveniently close to 7 shopping malls, all within 10 minutes walking distance...ugh. Amazingly, there is very little in those shopping malls that I could justify buying! Nevermind that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing 90% of the stuff, but that's not the point... Sure, casual knock-off brand stuff can be bought for super super cheap at the tourist markets, but the quality of those clothes is pretty bad... As a result, my weekend trip to Hong Kong became incredibly damaging as I sought to replenish my summer wardrobe, which was so brilliantly packed away into my moving shipment, due to arrive in mid-late June...

2 Comments:
Can't you just post from work? Or is access there restricted as well? Every time I've been to China, I just VPN back to the US and make all my connections from there. Maybe not an option for you though...?
By
Anonymous, at 4:05 AM
You know, it used to be blocked, but now it's not. I've been able to blog more times than I've able to go poo.
Rejoice for the don't-be-evil-ness of google.
By
Mr Dinkle Says:, at 4:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home