good news / bad news
So. GREAT news... We have a dryer!!! Having gotten sick of one-day turnarounds between traveling, and no time to do laundry...I succumbed and bought us a dryer. =) I have a feeling we will be very happy campers this summer. Typical summers bring on enough humidity that laundry never really dries... No longer a fear for us! Nope, we'll be smelling fresh and clean!!...that is, until we walk out the door into blistering heat & humidity...Right: arrangement with washer on the bottom, dryer on top; located in the guest bathroom.
In case you're wondering, yes, they do have washer/dryers in one, but my landlord wasn't willing to invest in one. So she bought the washer, and I bought the dryer...hence the two units. Oh, so get this.

Now for the BAD news.... =( I killed a plant that required absolutely no maintenance!!! This is the lesson that biology never taught... *sigh* My bank gave me the plant, as a promotion for their online banking system... They told me at the time that the plant wouldn't require watering, and I didn't believe them! I've never heard of a plant that survives off the moisture in the air... For a month, I didn't water it, and it seemed to be doing alright. To test it out, I gave it a few drops of water, and sure enough, within a week and a half, it's now on it's last breath, almost ready to expire...=( *sob*

2 Comments:
Its not dead, its just sleeping.
-- Some line from a movie that I don't remember the name of.
What kind of plant is that anyway? Thats probably the sort of thing that I'll need.
By
Anonymous, at 5:07 AM
Good question. When I find out, I'll have my apartment stocked with them... Those are likely the only kinds of plants that I can't kill in the future...
By
cpao, at 10:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home