gesundheit

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

my washer is possessed...

When I moved to Singapore, our landlord was gracious enough to add a dryer in our apartment, at no added cost... However, there really wasn't room for a dryer...so he stacked it on top of the washer. I admit, I hadn't exactly seen this particular format done before without a rack to hold the dryer up, but I didn't object.

In a particularly vigorous spin cycle, today, the washer took on a life of its own and walked forward about 4 feet (~1.2m), leaving the dryer behind. By the time I jumped out of my seat, and made it over to the laundry room, this was the scene that I bore witness to... 


At this point, seeing that there was water all over the floor, the dryer was being held up by only the hose sending water to the washer, and I was at home alone, unable to lift the dryer on my own...I proceeded to call the building management company for help. All I needed was some brute strength to help me lift the darnded thing, and they said they had no one that could help! They told me to call a contractor... argh!!! Where is the compassion in the world these days?!?! 

And so it was, that I was degraded to a "damsel in distress", and began calling my classmates. =( With thanks to my roommate and a kind (& strong) Brazilian classmate, we were able to make things relatively right again... 

1 Comments:

  • Whoah!!!! Maybe you could put the washer on the bottom so it doesn't happen again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home