New year, new start...
okey dokes... It's a new year, and for me, a start of a new "chapter" in my life. I just made a spontaneous new years' resolution (3 days late), to be more conscientious about my blog... Then again, I've also always believed that new years' resolutions were made for the sole reason of being broken.
...but we'll opt to forget that small tidbit for the time being.
Today's the first day that I'll be spending in my new home in Singapore, alone. Ben and Annie stopped through for a whirlwind visit for 2 days, and left on the 1st. Jeff just left this morning, with an as-yet undefined date for his next trip to see me. =(
My new roommate just arrived last night, and seems nice enough... :) German guy. We'd never met until last night, and only spoken over the phone & email...so that was exciting. We're making the trek out to IKEA today, to see what furniture & household knickknacks we might want to pick up.
Singapore is hot. It's their coolest season right now, and I'm pretty much sweating at all times. I think Singaporeans have evolved to the point that they no longer have sweat glands. People here seem to be perfectly fine in long pants and sleeves, whether playing sports or working on a construction site.
oh. Speaking of construction sites... The subway (MRT) station near my apartment is under construction, which has caused the closing of the normal restrooms, to be replaced by somewhat permanent porto-potties. Despite the signage around Singaporean construction sites regarding maintaining a mosquito-free (aka free of standing water) construction site, the inside of this restroom appeared to have been neglected from that effort. If I mysteriously come down with Dengue fever, it will be from that fateful response to the call of nature, and the resulting swollen bump in the most inconvenient of locations...

1 Comments:
I'm glad you'll be updating your blog ;-) Lots of luck with school and the porta potties and the heat!
By
Natalie, at 1:55 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home