gesundheit

Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics Craze

I got back from my first Olympic event at about 1am this morning. It was great!! Granted, only swimming heats, but we got the tickets at the last minute, fought pouring rain and rush hour to find a taxi cab, and thanks to a friend with badge access, managed to take the cab right to the security gate for the water cube!! I went camera-happy. It was my first time in the Olympic Green, and you could tell... =)

Key learning, though, is that the subway would've been the faster way, despite the badge access... (sorry, Linda)

We saw Michaels Phelps swim the Men's 100m Butterfly... It was awesome. He looked like a fish!! Since it was only a qualifying heat, he apparently didn't need to try to break another world record just yet... I'm sure he was just letting the other guys have some glory, before he comes back in the Finals... see below...he came in second, behind Serbia.
After the events were all over, we took off outside for another photo session... :) The buildings are beautiful when they're lit up at night!Next up, Beach Volleyball tomorrow morning! I just got the tickets this morning... *proud grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home